Thursday, April 10, 2014

100 Happy Days- Day 10

While doing the 100 happy Days challenge, I realize that my kids are usually the thing that makes me the happiest. and even though there is nothing wrong with that, I wanted to make sure that I took the time to look for other things that also make me happy.
So far in this challenge, I have learned that happiness is a matter of focus. If you spend your days focusing on the bad and the negative, you will be sad and bitter. The moment you decide to look for the things that make you happy, and you focus on the good in life, that bad doesn't seem so bad and you are instantly happier.
 
 
 
 My parents went to Brazil a few weeks ago to do my cousins wedding and came back with all kinds of goodies. These goodies are really special to me- they taste like my childhood. This is my comfort food. When I eat it, I can close my eyes and I feel like I'm & years old again, ad back in Brazil. My life is here now and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but it feels really good to "time travel" in a single bite.

Also, my sister Dhanny*, sent me this AWESOME Natura hand lotion. Now, anyone that knows me, knows that I can't stand things with smells. I have a very sensitive nose (I call it the "Super Sniffer"), and I can smell things from really far away, so I don't use perfumes, of strong smelling lotions. Everything smells so strong to me, that it all smells bad. This lotion is different, the smell is so faint and naturals, I actually like it. Also, it makes my hands feel amazing, as well as straighting my nails.

The food/lotion combination has made me one happy gal!


*I feel like I should explain that she is not really my sister, but she has been in my life for so long and knows me so well, I can't think of another way to describe her. Our families are so close, that is hard to remember that there is no blood relation. Anyone else with people like that in their lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment