Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pirate Birthday Cake & Food

Here is how I made The Pirate treasure chest cake for Truett's birthday party.





The morning of the party I realized I was going to have a lot more people than I expected over, so my husband ran to the store and got a cake with blue flowers on it.


I pressed the blue flowers to make a sea and used brown sugar to make sand. I place my cake on top of the store’s cake as if they were one big cake. I got a lot of complements on cake and no one seemed to notice that they didn’t go together. 



And the birthday boy getting ready to blow the candles. For more Pirate Party ideas check out my other posts.
For the rest of the food, I got pretty cheap and creative, all the while keeping up with the pirate theme.

I found these cut flags on the Disney Junior website. They suggest you put it on oranges, but I put them on hot dogs and labeled them as "Pirate Ships"






I also had pirate labels for all the other food. Sorry I forgot to get pictures with the actual food on the containers (which I got for $1 each at target). Here is what I had:

Pirate Catch of the Day- Gold Fish
Planks- Crackers
Cannon Balls- Grapes
Pirate Rope- Twizzlers
Pirate Snacks- "Jake and the Neverland Pirate" fruit snacks


I found these little labeless drinks at the dollar store, and they were perfect for the Sea Water labels.


The labels were not mine, I got them from "How to Nest for Less". They have all sorts of cute free printables and lots of ideas on affordable ways to make events memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment