Monday, October 1, 2012

Pant Leg Clutch

This was a really fun and easy to do project. And soooo inexpensive.


My husband had a pair of pants he "outgrew". And I didn't want to waist them. So I had two different ideas- the first one is for a denim pocket rug. So whenever someone in our home outgrows, or rips a pair of jeans (I do that a lot, thanks to my thunder thighs).
But the second idea was to use the pant leg to make a clutch. I sewed some yellow scrap fabric I had laying around to line the inside of the leg.
Next, I folded it in half to be able to make pockets and I used some pink ribbon to decorate the edges. 
Lastly, I made a rolled fabric flower with leftover denim to decorate the out side. Here is the tutorial for the flower.
I will be making another one with a more detailed tutorial, since I have another leg on the pants.

 
What do you think of this project? Any ideas to make it better?
 
Keeping it crafty,
 
Nessy

No comments:

Post a Comment