Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Slow Cooker Bread Pudding

Slow cooker can make more than just soup, who knew!

 I have just recently rediscover my slow cooker. I got it as a wedding shower gift seven years ago, and other than chili, I never really used it for anything until, 3 years ago I found this wonderful recipe book, "Goose Berry Patch- Super Fast Slow Cooking". I used quite a bit for a couple of months when I got the book, and it slowly let it get forgotten. But our life is so crazy and busy that I've decided to make a point of learning more ways to use.


It is a wonderful feeling to get home and have dinner waiting for you. And since no one else in my house cooks, the slow cooker is the only way I get to experience that. 
One of my favorite slow cooker recipes is the Country Bread Pudding.

 





 
You will need 

Non sticky spray
3/4 cup of brown sugar
6 slices of cinnamon raisin bread, buttered and cubed
4 large eggs 
1 quart of milk 
1 1/2 tea spoons of vanilla extract. 

Spray the whole slow cooker with the non sticky spray and sprinkle the brown sugar on the bottom of it. Place the cubed and buttered bread ( I usually cube it and use spray butter. its just less messy that way) on top of it.DO NOT MIX IT! Is very important that you don't disturb the sugar on the bottom. Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla extract together and pour it over the bread. Remember not to mix it just pour. Set it up for four hours on high. Enjoy!

I love how easy it is to make it, and it is always a crowd pleaser. 

Ps.: if you double the recipe, you don't need to double the time. Just add two hours instead. 

Any one with variations of this recipe or other slow cooker desserts?  

No comments:

Post a Comment