Sunday, August 4, 2013

Potty Trainning American Girl Style

After our Peanut turned 3 and was still not out of diapers, I got a little desperate. I started trying everything- if it was on a book or someone told me it worked for them, I tried it!
Truett potty trainning was pretty easy. It took him a little while to get the overnight thing, but all in all it was quick and painless. Peanut was a different story- the process was long and frustraiting.
I was ready to give up, And wait to see if she would figure it out on her own when she felt ready. I thought there was nothing else I could do. Until...

We went to the american girl store. Now, Peanut had been getting catalogs on the mail for a while (not sure which of her aunties signed her up for it) and she had recently seen the new movie for the girl of the year- Saige. Needless to say, that when we walked into the store, she went "doll crazy" and did not want to leave without one.
So my husband made the executive decision that we would buy her a doll! We would spend the $110 dollars on a toy that she really wanted, but she was going to have to earn it- she was going to have to potty train. So we took the doll home, put it on the mantle where Peanut could see it and told her that she could have the doll once she went a full week with no potty accidents. 


 
It was like we turned on the potty switch in her head. We had a couple of accidents the first day, but after that, she has been diaper free ever since.

"No more diapers!"




And of course we kept our end of the bargain and she got her new friend. 

And I know many of you are thinking that she is too young for a toy that expensive or that those dolls are for ages 8 and up. I am we'll aware of that, but desperate times call for desperate measures, so please don't judge us. All I can say is that- It worked! 
And now Ruthie goes with us everywhere we go.
 What are some tricks you used for potty training? Anyone else struggled? I would love to hear about your experiences. 

Thanks for visiting. 

Keeping it crafty, 
Nessy 

1 comment:

  1. Using 3 simple tips Carol Cline suggested to them… and now never have to pay for or change diapers ever again.

    3 Weird Tricks That Makes Potty Training Easy Please check here >> http://bit.ly/1w8FOeM

    ReplyDelete