Wednesday, August 21, 2013

No- Poo Update

As some of you already know, a couple of weeks ago I decided to stop using shampoo. I adopted the "No- Poo" method (read more about it here). So here is a little update on how it's going.
                                       
                                    

 I did have the overly greasy hair after the second wash, but it was not unmanageable. It fell worst that it looked. It gave me an opportunity to play with braids, which I love doing anyway. But it definitely got better by the third wash.
I have not experienced the "OMG, your hair looks great" response yet. But to be honest, I have no recollection of ever, even as a child wearing my hair all natural. I always blow dry it, or use an insane amount of mousse on it, and it always has a few thick layers of product on it. So it would not be fair to say that it is not working , since I have no idea what my hair would have looked air dried on shampoo.
                                            
I did, however, find out that I do not have curly. I just always assumed that my hair was frizzy/curly, and I figured that the only reason it was always semi curled with the mouse was because the mousse made it too heavy. As it turns out my hair is just wavy. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.
The next wash will receive a full blow dry/ flat iron treatment and that should truly show if there is a difference. So check back in a few of days for some pics and updates on my "normal" hair.
 
Is anyone doing, or has done the no poo method? I'm curious about the honey method. Anyone trying that one?
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment